Fwd: QLS seminar on Wednesday 13 September at 11h30

Quantitative Life Sciences qls at ictp.it
Tue Sep 12 10:44:28 CEST 2017

*QLS  seminar on Wednesday 13 September at 11:30*

ICTP, Central Area, 2nd floor, old SISSA building, Via Beirut

Title: A universal model for single cell growth - progress and challenges

Speaker: Rami Pugatch, QLS Staff Associate

Abstract:
I will present a coarse grained model for cellular growth that I
recently extended to separately account for transcription translation
and finite mRNA life time.
I will discuss the outstanding open problem of dynamic resource
allocation in the context of this model and discuss other open problems
such as the identification of growth bottlenecks, the source of
universality in the doubling time distribution, and accounting for the
apparent tradeoff between growth rate and energy expenditure.

Everyone interested is most welcome to attend!

Erica Sarnataro
Group Secretary
Quantitative Life Sciences
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
Trieste,  Italy
Tel. +39-040-2240623
e-mail:qls at ictp.it