Fwd: [math-users] NCG Seminar - Joachim Zacharias

L. Dabrowski dabrowski at sissa.it
Mon Sep 11 09:58:41 CEST 2017

"NON-COMMUTATIVE GEOMETRY" SEMINAR

Wednesday 13 September 2017 at 11:00
Venue: SISSA, room 136

Joachim Zacharias (University of Glasgow)
"Constructing Spectral Triples on C*-Algebras"

Abstract:
Spectral triples are analogues of Dirac operators on general C*-algebras
and play a fundamental role in noncommutative geometry. There are
different regularity properties of spectral triples such as
summability and conditions which allow to define a metric on the state
space of the algebra. We will discuss the construction of Dirac
operators with various regularity properties on crossed products and
extensions in the spirit of permanence properties i.e. starting from
triples on the coefficient algebra respectively the ideal
and the quotient we construct a spectral triple on the crossed product
respectively the extension, trying to preserve regularity.
This talk is based on joint work with Andrew Hawkins, and on earlier
joint work
with Andrew Hawkins, Stuart White and Adam Skalski.