ICTP Mathematics Seminar (Pavel PUTROV) - Wednesday, 6 December, at 14:00

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri Nov 24 16:20:05 CET 2017

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2017

Wednesday, 6 December, at 14:00 hrs.

Pavel Putrov (Institute for Advanced Study)

Title:
Towards a categorification of WRT invariant of 3-manifolds

Abstract:
In my talk I will conjecture existence of certain new homological
invariants of closed 3-manifolds. The invariants provide a
categorification of the analytically continued Witten-Reshetikhin-Turaev
(WRT) invariant, have some similarities with Heegaard/monopole Floer
homology and generalize Khovanov homology of knots to compact
3-manifolds. Physically such invariants can be defined as Hilbert spaces
of M-theory in certain backgrounds. I will describe mathematical
properties of such invariants, and how to calculate them for some
specific types of 3-manifolds. The talk is mainly based on a joint work
with S. Gukov, D. Pei and C. Vafa.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)