Seminar on Donaldson-Thomas Theory - Mon Nov 27, 9.30, room 136 Sissa

Andrea Maiorana amaioran at sissa.it
Tue Nov 21 17:46:55 CET 2017

Next Monday (Nov 27, at 9.30 in room 136) we will have the fifth seminar
of the series:

Title: Virtual classes, symmetric obstruction theories, and Behrend
function
Speaker: Barbara Fantechi
Abstract: After a brief review of the definition of obstruction theory
and of the construction of virtual classes, we will define symmetric
obstruction theories and show that moduli of sheaves on a Calabi-Yau
3-fold naturally carry such an obstruction theory. We will then define
constructible functions and their integral, and state without proof
Behrend’s theorem relating virtual degrees associated to a symmetric
obstruction theory and integral of the Behrend function. If time allows,
we will discuss the relationship between symmetric obstruction theories
and shifted symplectic structures.