ICTP Mini Course by Professor Atish Dabholkar, (ICTP - Head, HECAP) - November - December 2017

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Nov 20 10:57:38 CET 2017

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2017

Professor Atish Dabholkar(ICTP - Head of the High Energy, Cosmology and
Astroparticle Physics Section)

will give a mini-course on

Quantum Black Holes for Mathematicians

Description of the course:
Study of black holes in string theory has revealed a beautiful and
precise connection between the physics of quantum black holes and topics
in number theory and geometry. The aim of these lectures is to outline
these connections through examples starting with basic concepts and
motivations from physics.

Lectures are scheduled as follows:

•	Tuesday, 28 November, at 14:00

•	Tuesday, 5 December at 14:00

•	Tuesday, 12 December at 13:30

•	Thursday, 14 December at 13:30

VENUE:  Stasi Seminar Room(ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)