Joint SP Seminar @SISSA Via Bonomea Rm 128 Tuesday 7 November at 11 am - M. FAGOTTI

CM Section cm at ictp.it
Mon Nov 6 11:38:56 CET 2017

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday 7 November  - 11:00 am

SISSA, Via Bonomea, room 128, 1st floor

Speaker: Maurizio FAGOTTI (ENS, Paris, France)

Title: Beyond (first-order) Generalized Hydrodynamics: Why? and How!?

Abstract:
I consider nonequilibrium time evolution in the presence of inhomogeneities
in integrable systems. I remind the audience of the so-called generalized
hydrodynamic (GHD) description, and I present some recent results obtained
in the massive XXZ spin-1/2 chain.
In particular, I show examples of dynamics with a sub-ballistic (perhaps
diffusive)
behavior.  The ambition to describe such regimes is a strong motivation
to go
beyond GHD. Using noninteracting spin chains as a workbench, I point out
some
of the problems that have to be overcome in order to improve on the
current theory.