REMINDER - ICTP Basic Notions Seminar - Ruth Kellerhals - TOMORROW Thursday, 1 June, at 15:30

Math Section math at ictp.it
Wed May 31 13:40:33 CEST 2017

BASIC  NOTIONS  SEMINAR  SERIES  2017

Thursday, 1 June at 15:30 hrs.

Ruth Kellerhals (University of Fribourg)

Title:
The many aspects of hyperbolic volume

Abstract:
First I shall briefly present the basic notions of hyperbolic space and
volume in n dimensions. Then I shall explain why the study of
non-euclidean and especially hyperbolic polyhedral volume is an
important but difficult topic.Several aspects, results and open
questions of analytical, topological and arithmetic nature are presented.

VENUE:  Budinich Lecture Hall (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building)