[He-sem] Cosmology Seminar TODAY

Andrei Khmelnitsky akhmelni at ictp.it
Thu May 25 10:50:55 CEST 2017

*************************************
COSMOLOGY SEMINAR
*************************************

THURSDAY, 25 MAY 2017, 16:30 p.m.
Euler Lecture Hall - ICTP Leonardo Bldg.

Mehrdad MIRBABAYI
(ICTP)

"Productive interactions: heavy particles, gravitational waves and non-Gaussianityā€¯

Abstract: I discuss the phenomenology of models of inflation with periodic particle production. Particle production occurs as the mass of heavy particles goes through non-adiabatic modulations as the inflaton field rolls. I show that this process can lead to significant emission of scalar and gravitational waves during inflation, with distinct observational signatures.