ICTP Basic Notions Seminar - Nicola Gigli - Wednesday 5 April at 16:00

Math Section math at ictp.it
Thu Mar 30 10:40:17 CEST 2017

BASIC NOTIONS SEMINAR SERIES   2017

Wednesday 5 April, at 16.00 hrs.

Nicola Gigli (SISSA)

Title:
An introduction to optimal transport

Abstract:
We shall discuss the basics of the optimal transport problem and of its
dual formulation. The concepts of c-concavity and c-superdifferential
will also be introduced and at the end of the talk we will sketch the
proof of the celebrated theorem of Brenier about optimal transport maps
in the Euclidean space for cost = distance-squared.

VENUE:  Budinich Lecture Hall (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building)