ICTP Math Seminars (Arnaldo Nogueira, Roberto Peirone) - Tuesday 4 April 2017, starting at 14:00 hrs

Math Group math at ictp.it
Mon Mar 27 10:39:58 CEST 2017

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2017

Tuesday 4, April, at 14.00 hrs. (Seminar 1)

Arnaldo Nogueira (Institut de Mathématiques de Marseille)

Title: Topological dynamics of piecewise λ-affine maps of the interval

Abstract available on this link: http://indico.ictp.it/event/8186/

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

                            --------------------------

Tuesday 4, April, at 15.00 hrs. (Seminar 2)

Roberto Peirone (Università di Roma Tor Vergata)

Title: Attractors of Iterated Function Systems with uncountably many
maps (in collaboration with Giorgio Mantica)

Abstract:  study the topological properties of attractors of Iterated
Function Systems (I.F.S.) on the real line, consisting of affine maps of
homogeneous contraction ratio. These maps define what we call a second
generation I.F.S.: they are uncountably many and the set of their fixed
points is a Cantor set. We prove that when this latter either is the
attractor of a finite, non-singular, hyperbolic, I.F.S. (of first
generation), or it possesses a particular dissection property, the
attractor of the second generation I.F.S. consists of finitely many
closed intervals.

http://indico.ictp.it/event/8205/

--
Koutou Mabilo