ICTP Mathematics Seminar (Abner Salgado) - Thursday 23 March, at 16:00, Stasi seminar room

Math Group math at ictp.it
Tue Mar 21 14:18:40 CET 2017

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2017

Thursday 23, March, at 16.00 hrs.

Abner Salgado (University of Tennessee)

Title: Finite element approximation of nonconvex uniformly elliptic
fully nonlinear equations

Abstract: We propose and analyze a two-scale finite element method for
the Isaacs equation. By showing the consistency of the approximation and
that the method satisfies the discrete maximum principle we establish
convergence to the viscosity solution. By properly choosing each of the
scales, and using the recently derived discrete Alexandrov Bakelman
Pucci estimate we can deduce rates of convergence.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group