ICTP-SISSA - Geometric Analysis Seminar - Thursday 23 March 2017, at 14:30, ICTP Luigi Stasi Seminar Room

Math Group math at ictp.it
Tue Mar 21 11:23:08 CET 2017

ICTP-SISSA - GEOMETRIC ANALYSIS SEMINARS - 2017

Thursday, 23 March, at 14:30 hrs.

Luca Di Cerbo (ICTP)

Title: Price Inequality and Betti Numbers Growth on Manifolds without
Conjugate Points

Abstract: In this talk, I will present a Price type inequality for
harmonic forms on manifolds without conjugate points and negative Ricci
curvature. The techniques employed in the proof work particularly well
for manifolds of non-positive sectional curvature, and in this case one
can prove a strengthen result. Equipped with these Price type
inequalities, I then study the asymptotic behavior of Betti numbers
along infinite towers of regular coverings. Finally, I will discuss the
case of compact real and complex hyperbolic manifolds in more details.
Joint work with M. Stern.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group