Geometry seminar by Giulia Sacca' - Mon 26/06

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Fri Jun 23 15:54:40 CEST 2017

On Monday, 26/06 at 15:00 in room 136

Giulia Sacca' (Stony Brook)

will give a seminar on

Compact Hyperkahler manifolds in algebraic geometry

Abstract: Hyperkahler (HK) manifolds appear in many fields of mathematics, such
as differential geometry, mathematical physics, representation theory,
and algebraic geometry. Compact HK manifolds are one of the building
blocks for algebraic varieties with trivial first Chern class and
their role in algebraic geometry has grown immensely over the last 20
year. In this talk I will give an overview of the theory of compact HK
manifolds and then focus on some of my work.

U. Bruzzo