Lecture course "Cameral curves and abelianisation of Higgs bundles”

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Tue Jun 20 11:27:50 CEST 2017

Prof. Peter Dalakov (Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia) will give a course on

"Cameral curves and abelianisation of Higgs bundles”

starting on Monday, June 26th. There will be a 2-hour lecture every day, starting
at 11:15 am in room 136.

Abstract:

In this course we are going to review the correspondence between Higgs data
and spectral data for semi-simple (and possibly reductive) structure groups. We will focus on
the cameral cover technique, as developed in the works of Donagi, Scognamillo, Donagi-Pantev
and Donagi-Gaitsgory. While our main focus will be on Higgs bundles on Riemann surfaces, we
shall try to bring to the forefront features of the theory which remain valid in arbitrary dimension.

U. Bruzzo