ICTP Mathematics Seminars (Carolina Araujo) - Wednesday 7 June 2017, starting at 14:00 hrs

Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Jun 5 10:39:47 CEST 2017

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2017

Wednesday 7 June, at 14.00 hrs.

Carolina Araujo(IMPA)

Title:
Foliations with positive tangent sheaf

Abstract:
In recent years, techniques from higher dimensional algebraic geometry,
specially from the minimal model program, have been successfully applied
to the study of global properties of holomorphic foliations. In this
talk I will discuss foliations with positive tangent sheaf, with focus
on those with ample anti-canonical class. I will present some results
and techniques developed in a series of joint works with Stéphane Druel.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)