ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Rubilar- Tuesday 25 July at 14.30 hrs.

Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri Jul 14 15:58:40 CEST 2017

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2017

Tuesday 25 July, at 14.30 hrs.

Speaker:
Francisco Ivan Rubilar (Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile)

Title:
Calabi-Yau 3-folds, their vector bundles and deformations

Abstract: We will give a brief review of the deformation theory of
complex structures developed by Kodaira and Spencer. Subsequently we
focus on a special typo of Calabi-Yau 3-folds, defined as total spaces
of rank two vector bundles over the complex projective line P^1. We
discuss some aspects of deformations on non-compact manifolds and
construct an infinite dimensional family of deformations in a specific
case. Finally we make a comparison between vector-bundles on surfaces
and threefolds.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)