ICTP-SISSA - Algebraic Geometry Seminar - Friday, 20 January, at 16:00 hrs.

Math Group math at ictp.it
Tue Jan 17 16:06:26 CET 2017

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2017

Friday, 20 January, at 16:00 hrs.

Artan Sheshmani (Aarhus University and Harvard University)

Title: Nested Hilbert schemes and DT theory of local threefolds

Abstract: Following talk 1 we study the geometry of S which is
projective simply connected complex surface and we let L be a line
bundle on S. We study moduli space of stable compactly supported
2-dimensional sheaves on the total spaces of L. The moduli space admits
a C^*-action induced by scaling the fibers of L. We identify certain
components of the fixed locus of the moduli space with the moduli space
of torsion free sheaves on S and the nested Hilbert schemes on S. We
define reduced Donaldson-Thomas invariants by virtual localization. When
L is the canonical bundle of S these reduced DT invariants recover
Vafa-Witten invariants defined by Tanaka-Thomas via the moduli space of
Higgs pairs on S. Vafa-Witten invariants are expected to have modular
properties predicted by S-duality. We further show that in this case, in
combination with Mochizuki's formulas, we are able to express these
equivariant Donaldson-Thomas invariants on the total space of canonical
bundle of S in terms of our invariants of nested Hilbert schemes in talk
1, the Seiberg-Witten invariants of S, and the integrals over the
products of Hilbert schemes of points on S.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group