High Energy Physics Seminar

Rosanna Sain rosanna at ictp.it
Tue Feb 14 09:58:37 CET 2017

*************************************
HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS SEMINAR
*************************************

THURSDAY, 16 FEBRUARY 2017, 16:30 p.m.
EULER LECTURE HALL - ICTP Leonardo Bldg.

Ezequiel ALVAREZ
(ICAS, UNSAM, Buenos Aires, Argentina)

"ttbb and tttt as probe of NP at the LHC"

_Abstract_: With the last energy & luminosity upgrade at the LHC,
relevant results on tttt and ttbb are
becoming available at the LHC for the first time. We'll analyze
available results -which have moderate
excesses- and discuss on possible paths to follow in order to seek for
possible NP that couples mainly
to third generation of quarks.  We identify in parameter space the
relevant and yet unexplored regions.
We propose a new kinematic observable for resonance search and study the
phenomenological natural
units as a shortcut to understand and discuss the most sensitive
channels to a given model.