CMSP Seminar Series @ICTP Stasi Seminar Room WEDNESDAY 8 February at 11:00: Yingdan WANG

Condensed Matter Section cm at ictp.it
Mon Feb 6 08:51:21 CET 2017

ICTP Seminar Series in Condensed Matter and Statistical Physics

KINDLY NOTE DIFFERENT DAY/TIME IN THE WEEK

Wednesday  8 February at 11:00 a.m.

Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, first floor, ICTP Leonardo building

Speaker: Yingdan WANG (ITP and CSRC, Beijing, People's Republic of China)

Title: Optimized STIRAP-type State Transfer in Solid-State Quantum Devices

Abstract:

Great improvements in the coherent control of solid-state devices has
led to remarkable demonstrations of STIRAP in superconducting qubits,
optomechanical systems, NV centers, and so on. However, differently from
atomic systems, most solid-state quantum devices suffer significant
dissipation, thus theƃ prolonged operation time of STIRAP (required by
adiabaticity) becomes a severe drawback. In these examples the trade-off
between adiabaticity and decoherence is a central issue, which has been
investigated numerically but no analytical conclusion has been made. In
order to provide physical insight and understand the power of STIRAP in
the realistic scenario, we have pursued an analytical treatment with
full consideration of the system dissipation. We find that optimizing
the transfer time rather than coupling profiles leads to a significant
improvement of the transfer fidelity. The upper bound of the fidelity
has been found as a simple analytical function of system
cooperativities. We also provide a systematic approach to reach this
upper bound efficiently. By including the dissipation of all the
parties, our results are widely applicable to quantum state engineering
and are particularly relevant for solid-state devices.