ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Friday 10 February at 16:00

Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri Feb 3 14:38:34 CET 2017

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2017

Friday 10 February, at 16.00 hrs.

Danylo Radchenko (ICTP)

Title:
Interpolation of Fourier eigenfunctions in the Schwartz space

Abstract:
We will describe an interpolation formula for Schwartz eigenfunctions of
the Fourier transform on the real line. The formula is related to the
Whittaker-Shannon interpolation formula for band-limited functions, but
uses square roots of integers instead of integers as sampling points. It
turns out that the basis functions of this interpolation formula can be
given explicitly in terms of certain weakly holomorphic modular forms of
weights 1/2 and 3/2 and have several other remarkable properties.
The talk is based on a joint work with Maryna Viazovska.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)