seminar Fabio Tanturri

Emilia Mezzetti mezzette at units.it
Thu Feb 2 10:07:44 CET 2017

Seminar announcement

University of Trieste

Tuesday, February 14, 2016, at 11.00 a.m.

Fabio Tanturri (Aix-Marseille Université)

will speak on

"Geometric techniques for Calabi-Yau degeneracy loci"

Abstract: The generalized degeneracy locus of a section s of a vector
bundle E on a variety is the locus of points x where s degenerates, that
is s(x) belongs to a fixed subvariety of the total space of E; this
notion generalizes, for instance, the usual degeneracy loci of a
morphism between two vector bundles. In this talk, I will introduce a
geometric technique to study these degeneracy loci, by means of which we
can produce several examples of Calabi-Yau varieties of arbitrary
dimension, generalizing thus some known constructions (determinantal
varieties, zero loci). This is part of a joint project with V.
Benedetti, S. A. Filippini, and L. Manivel.

VENUE: Seminar room DMG, Sezione di Matematica e Informatica, H2
building, Via A. Valerio 12/1, 3rd floor, room 334
EVERYBODY INTERESTED IS MUCH WELCOME TO ATTEND

--
Prof.ssa Emilia Mezzetti
Dipartimento di Matematica e Geoscienze

Stanza 227, II piano