SP Seminar 02 Feb. at 14:00 hrs @SISSA Via Bonomea 265, room 128: Jacopo VITI

Condensed Matter Section cm at ictp.it
Wed Feb 1 14:42:48 CET 2017

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Thursday February 2 - 14:00 p.m.  at SISSA, Via Bonomea 265, room 128

Speaker: Jacopo Viti

Title: Quantum quenches near a quantum critical point in 1+1 dimensions

ABSTRACT: I'll review the perturbative formalism to quantum quenches
near a quantum critical point in 1+1 dimensions introduced in [1].
I'll then provide explict applications of it to the  Ising and the XYZ
spin chain. I will finally argue how the mass spectrum of a theory can
be inferred from quantum  dynamical experiments and Fourier analysis:
these considerations notably apply to the spectrum of Ising field
theory in a magnetic field (Zamolodchikov "E8" spectrum).