[He-sem] High Energy Physics Seminar MONDAY SEPTEMBER 4

Andrei Khmelnitsky akhmelni at ictp.it
Wed Aug 30 17:00:39 CEST 2017

*************************************
HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS SEMINAR
*************************************

--- Please note unusual day and time --- !!!

MONDAY, 4 SEPTEMBER 2017, 14:30 p.m.

Euler Lecture Hall - ICTP Leonardo Bldg.

Alexander BELAVIN

(L.D. Landau Institute for Theoretical Physics, Chernogolovka, Russia)

"A new approach to compute the geometry of the moduli space for a Calabi-Yau manifold”

Abstract: It is known that moduli spaces of Calabi-Yau (CY) manifolds are special Kähler manifolds. This structure determines the corresponding low-energy effective theory which arises in superstring compactifications on CY manifolds. In the case, where CY manifold is given as a hypersurface in the weighted projective space, we propose a new procedure for computing the Kähler potential of the moduli space. Our method is based on the fact that the moduli space of CY manifolds is a marginal subspace of the Frobenius manifold which arises on the deformation space of the corresponding Landau-Ginzburg superpotential.