ICTP Mathematics Seminars (Nikolaos Karaliolios) - Tuesday 11 April 2017, starting at 11:00 hrs

Math Section math at ictp.it
Wed Apr 5 11:45:46 CEST 2017

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2017

Tuesday 11 April, at 11:00 hrs.

Nikolaos Karaliolios (Imperial College)

Title:
Rigidity for Diophantine translations in tori and some consequences

Abstract:
We will present a KAM theorem for Diophantine translations in tori of
arbitrary dimension and we will discuss some consequences. The original
version of this rigidity theorem, under some additional hypotheses, is
due to M. Herman.
This is a work in progress with A. Kocsard.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)