CMSP Seminar @ICTP Wednesday 28 Sept. at 11:00 a.m. - L.Stasi Seminar Room - V.E. Kravtsov

Condensed Matter Section cm at ictp.it
Mon Sep 26 10:28:52 CEST 2016

Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics Seminar
=============================

Wednesday 28 September at 11.00 a.m.
Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, first floor, ICTP Leonardo Building

Vladimir E. KRAVTSOV
ICTP, Trieste

'Multifractal States in a Self-Consistent Theory of Localization:
Analytical Solution'

Abstract:

We consider disordered tight-binding models which Green's functions obey
the self-consistent  cavity equations. Based on these equations and the
replica trick with the one-step replica symmetry breaking, we derive an
analytical expression for the  fractal dimension D_{1} that
distinguishes between the extended ergodic (D_{1}=1), and extended
non-ergodic (multifractal) (0<D_{1}<1) states and prove the existence of
the latter in a broad range of parameters as well as existence of
transitions between the extended ergodic and extended non-ergodic
states. The results are applied to the systems with local tree structure
(random regular graphs) and to the systems with infinite connectivity
(Rosenzweig-Poter random matrix theory). They are potentially important
for the problem of many-body localization, as the Fock space of
interacting systems has a local tree structure. The non-ergodic extended
phase in the many-body systems would imply a new state of matter in
which usual Boltzmann statistics does not apply as in MBL phases and
which in many respects is similar to the glass.