Mathematics Seminar at ICTP - Thursday, 13 October 2016, at 17:00

Math Group math at ictp.it
Mon Oct 10 14:06:04 CEST 2016

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2016

Thursday, 13 October, at 17:00 hrs.

George Dimitrov (ICTP)

Title: Bridgeland stability conditions and exceptional collections

Abstract: Bridgeland assigned  to any triangulated category a complex
manifold, whose elements are referred to as stability conditions.
Homological mirror symmetry and string theory predict a parallel between
Teichmüller theory and categories whereby the stability space plays the
role of the Teichmüller space. However it is hard to extract global
information for these spaces.
Beilinson observed patterns in the structure of some triangulated
categories called later exceptional collections. The interplay between
the two notions in the title unveils novelties for both. An explicit
determining of the entire stability spaces on wild Kronecker quivers in
our latest joint work with L. Katzarkov is a subsequent result arising
from this interplay. In this talk I will try to put the new result in a
context, supporting what Bridgeland wrote: the whole idea of extracting
geometry from homological algebra is, to me at least, a very attractive one.

http://indico.ictp.it/event/8043/

Venue:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group