talk by D. Gurevich

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Fri Oct 7 15:52:29 CEST 2016

====================================
SISSA GEOMETRY - MATH PHYS SEMINARS
====================================

Dmitry  Gurevich (Valenciennes University, France)

will give a talk entitled

"From Quantum Groups to Noncommutative Geometry"

on Friday, October 14 th, at 4 pm in room 13, SISSA Building A.

Abstract:

Since creation  theory of Quantum Groups   numerous
attempts to elaborate  an appropriate differential calculus were undertaken.
Recently,  a new type of Noncommutative Geometry has been obtained
 on this way.   Namely,  we have introduced
 the notions of partial derivatives on the enveloping algebras
U(gl(m)) and constructing the corresponding de Rham complexes.
All objects arising in our approach  are deformations of their
classical counterparts. In my talk I plan to introduce some basic notions of the
theory of Quantum Groups and to exhibit possible applications of this
type Noncommutative Geometry to quantization
(in a new sense)  of certain dynamical models, Dirac monopole included.

U. Bruzzo