ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Wednesday 30 November, at 15:00

Math Group math at ictp.it
Mon Nov 28 10:08:13 CET 2016

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2016

Wednesday 30, November, at 15:00 hrs.

Federico Zerbini (MPIM Bonn)

Title: The number theory of superstring amplitudes

Abstract: The Feynman diagram expansion of scattering amplitudes in
perturbative superstring theory can be written (for closed strings) as a
series of integrals over compactified moduli spaces of Riemann surfaces
with marked points, indexed by the genus. Therefore in genus 0 it is
reasonable to find, as it often happens in QFT computations, periods of
M_{0,N}, which are known to be multiple zeta values. In this talk I want
to report on recent advances in the genus 1 amplitude, which are related
to the development of 2 different generalizations of classical multiple
zeta values, namely elliptic multiple zeta values and conical sums.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group