Mathematics Seminar at ICTP-Monday 28, November, at 16:00

Math Group math at ictp.it
Wed Nov 23 14:25:24 CET 2016

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S 2016

Monday 28, November, at 16:00 hrs.

Tony Ezome (Université de Franceville, Gabon)

Title: Normal Bases from Algebraic Groups

Abstract: Normal bases with low complexity are usually constructed with
Gauss periods. Couveignes and Lercier (2009) constructed normal bases
endowed with fast algorithms for multiplication by using elliptic
curves. In this talk we will first describe a method for constructing
normal bases using general algebraic groups. Then we will focus on the
case of some low-dimensional algebraic groups.

Venue:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group