Mathematics Seminar at ICTP - Monday, 7 November 2016, at 16:00

Math Section math at ictp.it
Wed Nov 2 14:37:33 CET 2016

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2016

Monday, 7 November, at 16:00 hrs.

Samia Ashraf (University of Sargodha, Pakistan)

Title:
Cohomology of Configuration Spaces of  Complex Projective spaces

Abstract:
The ordered configuration space of n points in a topological space X is
the space of all possible configurations of n labelled points in that
space X. There is a natural action of the symmetric group, Sn, on the
ordered configuration space and the quotient under this action is the
unordered configuration space.
For a smooth complex projective variety X, I. Kriz constructed a
rational model (a differential bigraded algebra) for the ordered
configuration space. The Sn-action on the configuration space induces an
Sn-action on the Kriz model.
I will discuss this Sn-action and as an application describe the
cohomology algebra of 3-points configuration spaces of complex
projective spaces.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)