Seminar Series CMSP @ ICTP Thursday 3 November at 11:30 - L.Stasi Seminar Room - C. GOGOLIN

Condensed Matter Section cm at ictp.it
Wed Nov 2 11:50:31 CET 2016

ICTP Seminar Series in Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics
=======================================

Thursday 3 November at 11.30 a.m.
Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, first floor, ICTP Leonardo Building

Christian GOGOLIN
The Institute of Photonic Sciences ICFO, Castelldefels, Spain

"Equilibration and Thermalization in Quantum Systems"

Abstract:

This seminar constitutes a basic introduction into modern quantum
statistical mechanics and in particular recent developments concerning
equilibration and thermalization in closed quantum many-body systems.
We will see how equilibration and thermalization can be defined in
unitarily evolving and finite dimensional quantum systems, and under
what conditions they can be proved to happen. I will mainly concentrate
on analytical results, but also relate to recent experiments, touch on
the large numerical literature on the topic, and point our some open
problems.