change of date and room: Dimitry Korotkin's seminar at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Wed May 4 08:48:10 CEST 2016

MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

SISSA, Friday 6th of May, room 132,  3.00-4.00pm

Speaker: Dimitry Korotkin, Concordia University, Montreal

Title: Periods of meromorphic quadratic differentials and Goldman bracket

Abstract:  We study symplectic properties of the monodromy map of a
second order  linear equation with meromorphic potential with simple
zeros  on a Riemann surface. We show that the canonical symplectic
structure on the cotangent bundle $T^*\Mcal_{g,n}$ implies, under the
monodrowy map, the Goldman Poisson structure on the corresponding
character variety, thereby extending the recent results of the paper of
M.Bertola, C.Norton and the author to the case of meromorphic potentials
with simple zeros.