Basic Notions Seminar - Friday 24 June at 17:00

Antonio Celani antoniocelani at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 15:46:37 CEST 2016

    BASIC NOTIONS  SEMINAR  SERIES  2016

    Friday, 24 June, at 17.00 hrs.

    Antonio Celani(ICTP)

    Title: How to make good decisions

    Abstract:
    Why is decision-making so difficult? There are three main reasons:
    first, our limited ability in computing optimal strategies; second,
    the incomplete knowledge of the world around us; third, the
    inaccuracy of the predictions about the consequences of our actions.
    Under this severe conditions, is it still possible to act optimally?
    With the aid of examples from biology, medicine and computer
    science, I will discuss how the theory of Markov Decision Processes
    and Reinforcement Learning provides an answer to this question.

    VENUE:  Budinich Lecture Hall(ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building)