Mathematics Seminars at ICTP, Friday 10 June, from 14:30 to 16:45

Math Group math at ictp.it
Wed Jun 8 17:14:00 CEST 2016

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2016

Friday, 10 June 2016

14.30 - 15.15: Meysam Nassiri
(Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences, Tehran)

Title: Towards a Poincaré theory for the boundary dynamics of 2D
topological disks

Abstract: The boundary of an open topological disk in a close surface is
a continuum and may have a very complicated topology. In this talk, we
will discuss the dynamics of a surface homeomorphism on the boundary of
invariant open disks and we investigate an analogue of Poincaré's
classification of circle homeomorphisms for this context.

-----------------------

15.30 -16.45: Akhtam Dzhalilov
(Turin Polytechnic University, Tashkent)

Title: Circle maps with break points

Abstract: I plan to discuss the setting and formulate some new results.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group