Seminar @ DF-TS - Mon 1 Aug 2:00 pm - K. Titimbo - "Distilling entanglement from qubits interacting with local common reservoirs"

Rosita Glavina - Dip. Fisica UniTS Rosita.Glavina at ts.infn.it
Thu Jul 28 15:32:17 CEST 2016

  We are pleased to announce the next seminar @ DF-Theory Section UniTs:

Kelvin Titimbo
Univ. S. Bolivar, Caracas, Venezuela

"Distilling entanglement from qubits interacting with local common
reservoirs"

Monday, 1 August 2016 - 2:00 pm
Room 204, 2nd floor, LB, Strada Costiera, 11

ABSTRACT:
We study a system composed of four qubits in the presence of two local
common
reservoirs, their markovian dissipative dynamics corresponding to that
of vacuum
squeezed reservoirs. We consider two maximally entangled qubits AB as the
source, and two maximally entangled qubits A’B’ as the ancillae. The
pair AA’
interacts with a common local reservoir in a squeezed vacuum state,
characterized
by the squeezing parameters r and ϑ; while the pair BB’ interact with
another
reservoir with identical characteristics. The Lindblad master equation
is used to
describe the evolution of the whole system, concurrence and fidelity of
the source
are computed when measurements are performed on the ancillae at time t. For
given initial conditions, concurrence in the source pair reach a
stationary value
different from zero and its fidelity is f > ½ . For some squeezing
parameters, a
substantial improvement of the entanglement in the source is obtained
compared
with other protocols using independent reservoirs.