next week Seminar on W-algebras and Integrable Systems - an update

Boris Dubrovin dubrovin at sissa.it
Fri Jul 15 13:29:55 CEST 2016

Dear All,

Next week there will be two talks at the Seminar on W-algebras and Integrable Systems

1) Wednesday, July 20, 14:30 - 16:00, Room 136 of SISSA Main Building

Speaker: Alberto De Sole (Univ. Roma 1)

Title: W-algebras in type A

Abstract: We describe a new method for constructing integrable Hamiltonian
hierarchies of Lax type equations based on Adler type
pseudodifferential operators. We apply this method  to show that all W-algebras W(glN , f) carry such a hierarchy. We see how an analogue result works in the case of quantum finite W-algebras, providing a general formula for all the generators and their commutation relations.

2) Friday, July 22, 11:00 - 12:30, Room 136 of SISSA Main Building

Speaker: Andras Szenes (Univ. Geneve)

Title: Higgs bundles and Bethe Ansatz.

Abstract: The topology of the moduli space of Higgs bundles over Riemann
surfaces has attracted a lot of interest recently. In the talk, I will
describe a conjectural description of the intersection ring of this space,
found in joint work with Tamas Hausel.

Boris Dubrovin