SP Seminar Tuesday 2 February @SISSA: Alessio Chiocchetta

Condensed Matter Section cm at ictp.it
Mon Feb 1 10:46:40 CET 2016

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 2th February - 11:00 a.m.

Venue:   SISSA, room 128, first floor

Speaker: Alessio Chiocchetta (SISSA)

Title: Short-time universality and aging in isolated quantum systems.

Abstract:

The non-equilibrium dynamics of an isolated quantum system after a
sudden quench to a dynamical critical point is expected to be
characterized by scaling and universal exponents due to the absence of
time scales. We explore these features for a quench of the parameters
of a Hamiltonian with O(N) symmetry, starting from the ground state of
the disordered phase. In the limit of large N, the exponents and
scaling forms of the relevant two-time correlation functions can be
calculated exactly. For generic N, we use a perturbative
renormalization-group approach to compute such exponent, to leading
order in a dimensional expansion.