Geometry & Physics seminar at SISSA, Thursday 15 December, at 14:30, room 136

Math Group math at ictp.it
Tue Dec 13 16:51:04 CET 2016

GEOMETRY &  PHYSICS  SEMINARS  2016

at SISSA

Thursday, 15 December, at 14:30 hrs.

Fernando Rodriguez Villegas (ICTP)

Title: Higgs moduli and Hilbert schemes

Abstract:

I will first describe the conjectures with E. Letellier and T. Hausel on
the mixed Hodge structure of certain character varieties, emphasizing
its combinatorial aspect. These character varieties are themselves
closely related to the moduli spaceof Higgs bundles on a curve.

I will continue discussing how via the corresponding generating series
these conjectures are related to the Frobenius series of appropriate
modules in the theory of the Hilbert scheme of points on
C^2. In particular, the qt-Catalan polynomials of Garsia-Haiman have a
natural formulation in our context. In fact, there appears to be natural
a dictionary between the two theories translating questions of interest
in one into the other.

VENUE: SISSA, room 136

--
Koutou Mabilo