NCG Seminar

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon Dec 12 13:32:10 CET 2016

*"NON-COMMUTATIVE GEOMETRY" SEMINAR
<https://www.math.sissa.it/content/non-commutative-geometry-seminars>*

Friday 16 December 2016 at 16:00
Venue: SISSA, Room 136

Harold Bustos (University of Trieste)
"Rieffel-Kasprzak Deformation and Applications"

Abstract:
In this talk I will present the construction and some properties for the
Kasprzak approach to Quantization Deformation, also called Cocycle
Deformation. This construction can be considered as a far generalization
of the Rieffel pseudo-differential calculus. While the Rieffel
construction is done using hard elements of analysis, the new approach
suggests to consider the crossed product construction and Duality
Theorems for C^*-algebras, getting a more algebraic approach with
possible generalizations to more general situations.  As an application,
I will show how it can be used to define quantizations of certain
Poisson structures.