talk by A. Polishchuk

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Tue Aug 23 07:25:11 CEST 2016

=========================
SISSA GEOMETRY SEMINARS
=========================

Prof. Alexander Polishchuk (University of Oregon) will give a talk on

Semiorthogonal decompositions of the derived category of W-equivariant sheaves

on Tuesday, August 23rd, at 4 pm in room 136, SISSA Building A.

Abstract:

This is a joint work with Michel Van den Bergh.

We use the sheaf-theoretic framework of the Springer correspondence
to construct a semiorthogonal decomposition of the derived category of
W-equivariant coherent sheaves on the Cartan subalgebra of a complex simple Lie algebra.
In the case of algebras of types A_n, B_n, C_n, G_2 and F_4, the pieces of the decomposition
are numbered by the conjugacy classes in the Weyl group W and are given by derived categories of
sheaves on some affine spaces. For types D_n and E_n the decomposition contains some "noncommutative"
pieces. We also construct global analogs of some of these decompositions for equivariant sheaves on the
powers of smooth algebraic curves.

U. Bruzzo