Mathematics Seminar - Thursday 18 August, at 14:30

Math Group math at ictp.it
Tue Aug 16 17:02:20 CEST 2016

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S 2016

Thursday, 18 August, at 14:30 hrs.

Abbas Fakhari (Shahid Beheshti University & IPM)

Title: Ergodicity of Surface Actions via Flag Manifold

Abstract: This talk is devoted to study the ergodicity of smooth surface
actions. We provide a sufficient condition for surface actions to be
ergodic with respect to the Lebesgue measure. First, we address the main
results obtained so far for the unit circle, as a main tool in higher
dimensional. After that, by introducing the notion of flag manifold, we
explain how rich minimality of sufficiently smooth action on the flag
manifold may lead to the ergodicity of the initial action.

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group