remind seminar Gabriella D'Este

Emilia Mezzetti mezzette at units.it
Thu Apr 7 11:56:54 CEST 2016

I would like to remind that tomorrow,
Friday, April 8, 2016, at 11 a.m., at the University of Trieste,
Gabriella D'Este (Università di Milano)
will speak on
"Tilting theory for everyone."

ABSTRACT
In my talk I will describe with few words and many
pictures some more or less "combinatorial" results on tilting modules,
bimodules and complexes, almost always obtained by means of
elementary tools of two types:
- Linear Algebra arguments (that is, comparison of the dimensions of
the underlying vector spaces of certain Hom and Ext groups);
-Representation Theory arguments (that is, analysis of the Auslander -
Reiten quivers of suitable finite dimensional algebras, almost always
admitting only finitely many indecomposable modules up to isomorphism).

Venue: Seminar Room  (DMG, Sezione di Matematica
e Informatica, H2 building, Via Valerio 12/1, 3rd
floor, room 334)

Everybody interested is much welcome to attend.

--
Prof. Emilia Mezzetti

Dipartimento di Matematica e Geoscienze
Sezione di Matematica e Informatica
Universita' di Trieste
Via Valerio 12/1
34127 Trieste, Italia

Stanza 227, II piano
e-mail: mezzette at units.it
tel. studio (+39) 040 558 2650
skype: emiliamezzetti
tel. Segreteria Dip.: (+39) 040 558 2635
fax: (+39) 040 558 2636
http://www.dmi.units.it/~mezzette/