seminar announcement - reminder

Fabio Perroni fperroni at units.it
Tue Apr 5 08:49:35 CEST 2016

UNIVERSITA’ DEGLI STUDI DI TRIESTE
DIPARTIMENTO DI MATEMATICA E GEOSCIENZE

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Wednesday April 6 2016, at 9.30 a.m.

Michael Lönne (University of Bayreuth)
will speak on

Singularities of discriminants of linear systems on Hirzebruch surfaces

Abstract: In codimension 1 we classify the singularities of dual varieties to Hirzebruch surfaces embedded
by complete linear systems, also called the discriminant of the linear system.
We then derive the singularities of a generic plane section and its dual curve.
The last part of the talk is devoted to an application to the fundamental group of
strata in the moduli space of curves which consist of trigonal curves with fixed Maroni invariant.

Venue: Seminar Room  (Sezione di Matematica e Informatica, H2 building, Via Valerio 12/1, 3rd floor, room 334).

Everybody interested is much welcome to attend.
Best regards,
Fabio Perroni