ICTP Mathematics Seminar - TODAY at 16:00

Margherita Di Giovannantonio mdgiovan at ictp.it
Mon Sep 14 09:41:13 CEST 2015

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2015

Monday, 14 September, at 16:00 hrs.

Ibrahim Nonkane(Université Ouga2, Burkina Faso)

Title:
Noetherian Operators and the Weyl algebra

Abstract:
We give an explicit and purely algebraic proof for the existence of
noetherian dierential operators for primary ideals of polynomial
algebras. The proof of this important result in uses complicated
algebraic and analytic techniques. Later U. Oberst gave an elementary
and constructive proof . In this talk we propose a different proof from
the one of U. Oberst. The proof requires several steps. First we use
Noether's Normalization Theorem for prime ideals  and reduce the proof
to the case when P is a maximal ideal.
In this situation we employ Kashiwara's Decomposition theorem  to reduce
the proof to n=1.

VENUE:
Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)