2 seminars coming up held at SISSA - room 138

Cond.Matt. & Stat.Mech.Section cm at ictp.it
Wed Oct 7 16:01:48 CEST 2015

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Monday, 12 October  -   11:00 a.m.

SISSA, Santorio Building, Room 138 (1st Floor)

Douglas LUNDHOLM   ( KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm )

"Energy bounds for interacting Bose gases"

Abstract

In 1975, Lieb and Thirring gave an elegant and useful combination of the uncertainty and the exclusion principles of quantum mechanics, proving a lower bound for the kinetic energy of a fermionic many-particle wave function in terms of its local particle density. Together with J. P. Solovej, we have extended such a bound to apply to more general identical particles, whose quantum statistics can be modeled using bosons with a local repulsive interaction, such as anyons in two dimensions. In this talk I consider the generalization and application of similar energy bounds to a large family of pair-interacting Bose gases, including some recent work with P. T. Nam and F. Portmann concerning the relativistic case.

==

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 13 October  -   11:00 a.m.

SISSA, Santorio Building, Room 138 (1st Floor)

Raoul SANTACHIARA   ( LPTMS, Orsay )

"Conformal invariance and many-points correlation functions in percolation models"

Abstract

The geometrical nature of two-dimensional critical points is encoded in the connectivity properties of random clusters. We discuss about recent results on the bulk three-point connecitivities which were at the origin of the recent extension of the Liouville theory to values of the central charge c<=1. Moreover, we present analytical and numerical analysis of the four-point connectivities of random cluster. In particular we show a new result in the pure percolation theory which has a clear interpretation in terms of the (unknown) bulk conformal field theory behind.