Joint ICTP/SISSA seminar coming up

Statphys statphys at ictp.it
Sat Oct 3 10:29:56 CEST 2015

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 6 October  -   11:00 a.m.

SISSA, Santorio Building,  Room 138 (1st Floor)

Vladimir BELAVIN   ( P.N. Lebedev Physical Institute, Moscow )

"Monodromic vs holographic computation of Virasoro classical conformal blocks"

Abstract

We study holographic interpretation of classical conformal blocks in terms of particles propagating in AdS3 geometry. We consider n-point block with two heavy and n-2 light fields and describe the corresponding bulk configuration, which consists of n-3 particles propagating in the conical defect background produced by the heavy fields. We test the general picture in the case of five points. Using the monodromic approach we compute 5-point classical block and find the exact correspondence with the bulk world line action. The analysis relies upon the special perturbative procedure which treats n-point case as a deformation of (n-1)-pt case.