ADDENDUM-ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Monday 18 May 2015, at 11:00

Math Group math at ictp.it
Thu May 14 16:09:26 CEST 2015

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2015

Monday, 18 May, at 11:00 hrs.

Joseph Auslander (Emeritus Professor, University of Maryland, College
Park, USA)

Title: Proximality and regional proximality in topological dynamics

Abstract:
Let (X,T) be a flow - a jointly continuous action of the topological
group T on the compact Hausdorff space X. The proximal and regionally
proximal relations give rise respectively to the distal and
equicontinuous structure relations. Another relation due to Veech
coincides with the regionally proximal relation in many cases for
minimal flows.

Venue:  Lecture Hall D (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, Terrace Level,
Diploma area)