Tues. seminar at 2:00 p.m.

Cond.Matt. & Stat.Mech.Section cm at ictp.it
Fri Mar 27 10:43:30 CET 2015

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 31 March   -   2:00 p.m.

SISSA, Santorio Building, Room 005 (Ground floor)

Davide FIORETTO   (Göttingen)

" Quantum quenches in integrable systems: The quench action approach "

Abstract

Quantum quenches, i.e. the coherent time evolution of a many- body quantum system, are one of the most studied realizations of non- equilibrium physics. In this talk I would like to discuss a recent method- the quench action approach- that allows us to obtain the post-quench steady state for integrable systems directly in the thermodynamic limit. The main focus of my talk are the recent results in the N ́eel to XXZ ( Delta >= 1) quench, showing a failure of the GGE (based on all the known local charges) to predict the stationary behavior of the system. If the time suffices, I’ll briefly discuss also some preliminary results for the release of a hard-core bosons gas from a harmonic trap.