Talk by Fosco Loregian

Fabio Perroni perroni at sissa.it
Wed Mar 25 20:25:11 CET 2015

=========================
SISSA GEOMETRY SEMINARS
=========================

Fosco Loregian will give a talk on

"A characterization of quasicategorical t-structures"

on Tuesday, March 31th 2015, at 4:00 pm in Room 136, SISSA building A.

Abstract:
After having introduced the basic definition of ∞-category and stable
∞-category, we characterize t-structures in stable ∞-categories as
suitable quasicategorical factorization systems. More precisely we
show that a t-structure t on a stable ∞-category C is equivalent to a
normal torsion theory F on C, i.e. to a factorization system F=(E,M)
where both classes satisfy the 3-for-2 cancellation property, and a
certain compatibility with pullbacks/pushouts.

F. Perroni