Mathematics Seminar - Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Math Group math at ictp.it
Mon Mar 9 14:39:07 CET 2015

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2015

Wednesday, 11 March, at 16:30 hrs.

Alicia Dickenstein(Universidad de Buenos Aires)

Title: Toric varieties, higher duals and polytopes

Abstract:
I will present joint work with several coauthors on the description of
(higher) duals of (equivariantly embedded) toric varieties and the
relation with the associated polytopes/lattice configurations. The
interplay between algebraic geometry and combinatorics allows us to
prove algebro-geometric statements with combinatorial tools and
combinatorial statements with algebro-geometric tools.

Venue:Luigi Stasi Seminar Room(ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)